- You qualify if you are the spouse or child of an employee who has died as a result of a work-related injury or illness. Children are eligible only if they are under age 18, are full-time students or are unable to work because of physical or mental disabilities.
What Are The Benefits?
- Surviving spouses can receive weekly benefits equal to two-thirds of the deceased worker's average weekly wage, up to the maximum of the State's Average Weekly Wage (SAWW) in place at the time of their injury or illness.
- Surviving spouses become eligible for yearly cost of living adjustments two years after the date of the injury or illness.
- If the spouse remarries, $60 a week is paid to each eligible child. The total weekly amount paid to dependent children cannot exceed the amount the spouse had been receiving.
For How Long?
- Surviving spouses can receive these benefits for as long as they remain dependent and do not remarry.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.