- Conciliation - attorneys will be instructed only to bring new documents to the conciliation (nothing that has already been submitted - i.e. the initial Form 110 w/ medical reports/bills). Any documents submitted to the Conciliator must be accompanied by a bar-code coversheet.
- Conference - document packets submitted to the Administrative Judge (AJ) at the time of Conference are to be properly prepared as stated above - i.e. w/ coversheets and w/o fasteners of any kind.
- Hearing - exhibits and document submitted to an AJ at the Hearing must also be presented to the court without fasteners. However, coversheets will not be required at this stage. The judge will make the determination as to whether the exhibits will allowed as evidence or for identification only (see #3 "Hearing" below). The judge will designate each document with an exhibit number and indicate whether it is "for identification only" or as "evidence" based on their ruling(s). The bar-code coversheet for Hearing Exhibits will be created by the judge's administrative assistant after the proceeding. A description field on the document index may be used to indicate what the specific document is or contains. After creating the coversheets, the hearing exhibits should be quality controlled by the administrative assistant and then forwarded to the Central Scheduling Unit for scanning. Where available audio, video and X-ray files should be submitted to the judge in a digital format (preferably on CD). The presentation of VHS tapes and X-ray films will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Communication with the bar should limit the number of these instances.
- Correspondence - correspondence to the judge should be conducted via e-mail. This will include all motions, procedural matters, scheduling requests, etc. Both the e-mail message itself and any attachments will be part of the record and will be imported into the DMS as part of the case file.
- Miscellaneous - documents in paper form that need to be placed in the file must be accompanied by a bar-code coversheet.