If the injured worker you are treating does not know the name of the workers' comp insurance carrier, or assumes the DIA is the carrier, you can call the Public Information Office of the DIA at 617-727-4900, x 7470.

The Information Office can look up the injured worker and provide the insurance information to you. If the injury was not reported to the DIA, you can contact the DIA's Office of Insurance at 617-626-5480 or 617-626-5481 and they can look up the employer and let you know the name of the insurance company, their contact information and the WC policy name.

If the employer has no insurance, then a claim should be filed with the Workers' Compensation Trust Fund, which is part of the Department of Industrial Accidents.

Recommended Content

People also viewed...

You recently viewed...

Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.

Learn more on our .

*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.