If you believe you have received less than you should have from the insurer, you may file a Form 115 - Third Party Claim/Notice of Lien with the DIA. You may file the form as either a claim or a lien.

You can file it as a claim if there is no action currently pending at the DIA on that injury. Filing the form as a claim will get you a date to appear before the department. If there is something pending before us, you can file the form as a lien, which means that the case will not settle until your lien has been satisfied.

To check whether or not an action is pending on workers' compensation claim at the DIA, or to make sure your form as been docketed, please call our Information Office at 617-727-4900, x 470.