Were you injured in the scope of your employment? Do you have knowledge that your Employer does not have Workers' Compensation Insurance or that it is unavailable to you?

If you answered yes, you may be entitled to Workers' Compensation Insurance Benefits for your injury from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Workers' Compensation Trust Fund (WCTF).

You must show that your Employer was uninsured in order to maintain a claim against the WCTF. As the Injured Worker you, or your attorney, must obtain a Certificate of No Insurance Form from the Department of Industrial Accidents' (DIA) Office of Insurance The Office of Insurance has access to the electronic database maintained by the Workers' Compensation Rating and Inspection Bureau (WCRIB). WCRIB is the verification entity for Workers' Compensation Insurance in the Commonwealth.

Every Massachusetts insurance company must notify WCRIB of the issuance or termination of a Workers' Compensation Insurance policy. The Rating Bureau will not have any information on self insurers, or insurers which are not licensed insurers in Massachusetts.

Under MGL c. 152 § 65(2)(e)(i) a claim may not be maintained against the WCTF if there is workers' compensation available in another jurisdiction.