The ONLY reason for filing a claim is to request a judicial proceeding before an Administrative Judge, in order to obtain workers' compensation benefits. The Workers' Compensation Trust Fund (WCTF) is the named "insurer" if your employer was breaking the law by not having insurance.

There are a few steps you need to take in order to successfully file a MGL c. 152 § 65 claim. The Employee Claim Form 110 should be completed to claim Workers' Compensation benefits against the WCTF. The WCTF may contest your right to receive compensation benefits or may pay you less Workers' Compensation benefits you believe you are entitled to.

Documentation, as required by 452 CMR 1.07, must also be attached to the Employee Claim Form 110. This documentation needs to be sent directly to the Department of Industrial Accidents (DIA) and the WCTF.

If the claim is just for medical bills, you need to send copies of the bills/records to the DIA and the WCTF.