804 CMR 11.00
PROVISION OF TRAINING SERVICES
804 CMR 11.01
Purpose and Authority
- 1) Purpose. The purpose of 804 CMR 11.00 is to provide for the orderly and efficient administration of training services provided by the Commission through the establishment of an application process and training fees; and to otherwise ensure compliance with the provisions of M.G.L. c. 151B, § 3, ¶15.
- 2) Authority. 804 CMR 11.00 is adopted pursuant to M.G.L. c. 151B, §. 3, ¶ 15.
804 CMR 11.02
As used in 804 CMR 11.00, the following terms shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
Applicant. Any person or employer who applies for training services from the Commission.
Chair. The Chairman or Chairwoman of the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination as designated pursuant to section fifty-six of chapter six.
Commission. The Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, established by section fifty-six of chapter six.
Employer. Any person, firm, corporation, partnership, association or other entity engaged in a business or in providing services, including the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and any of its political subdivisions.
Person. Any individual, trust, firm, public or private corporation or authority, partnership, association or other entity or any group thereof or any officer, employee, or agent thereof, the Commonwealth and the federal government and any agency or authority thereof, including any city, town, county, or district of the Commonwealth.
Training. The provision of educational services by the Chair or his or her designee relating to the anti-discrimination laws enforced by the Commission.
804 CMR 11.03
Application Requirements for Training
- 1) Any person or employer who seeks to receive training services from the Commission should contact the Commission’s Director of Training.
2) Training services shall be provided to employers as follows:
a) mandatory training pursuant to the terms of a Commission or Court Order;
b) stipulated training pursuant to the terms of a Commission Settlement Agreement;
c) voluntary training pursuant to the request of an employer; and/or
d) as directed by the Chair or his or her designee as s/he deems otherwise appropriate.
804 CMR 11.04
- The Commission shall set fees annually through its Training Program Instruction. The Instruction shall also include information about requirements prior to scheduling training, the availability of fee waivers, and training referrals.