What is SAFEPLAN?
SAFEPLAN is MOVA’s statewide, court-based program that provides specially trained and certified advocates to help victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking who are seeking protection from abuse. SAFEPLAN Advocates are employed by local community-based domestic violence and sexual assault programs in 41 district and probate courts across the state. The services they provide to victims are free of charge.
SAFEPLAN Advocates help victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking in several ways:
- Personalized safety planning;
- Assistance obtaining 209A restraining orders (also called protective orders) and 258E harassment prevention orders (HPO) from the court;
- Make referrals to local support services;
- Provide information on legal and safety options; and
- Accompany the victim to protective order hearings.
More Information on SAFEPLAN
For information on SAFEPLAN Advocates, what they do, and how to reach them, read the SAFEPLAN FAQs .
Find out where we are located across the state.
Learn important information about safety planning for victims of abuse .
For more information on SAFEPLAN funding, please click here .
For more information on the SAFEPLAN Program, contact the SAFEPLAN Program Coordinator at the Massachusetts Office for Victim Assistance at 617-586-1347 or by e-mail