SAFEPLAN is MOVA’s statewide, court-based program that provides specially trained and certified advocates to help victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking who are seeking protection from abuse. SAFEPLAN Advocates are employed by local community-based domestic violence and sexual assault agencies located in district and probate courts across the state.
- SAFEPLAN Advocates help victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking plan for their safety and obtain 209A restraining orders, (also called protective orders), and/or 258E harassment prevention orders (HPO) from the court.
- SAFEPLAN Advocates also provide referrals to local support services, information on legal and safety options and accompany victims to court proceedings.
Any agency interested in applying for SAFEPLAN funding should email MOVA to determine their eligibility and the availability of funds.
FY2015 SAFEPLAN Program Funding Awards
MOVA announces FY2015 funding awards for the SAFEPLAN Program, approved by the Victim Witness Assistance Board on May 21, 2014. The following agencies have been awarded funds to provide SAFEPLAN services July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015.
Information for SAFEPLAN Program Grantees
The following are applicable forms for SAFEPLAN grantees:
- Programmatic Change Form
- Advocate Status Form
- Updated Grant Billing Instructions
- Updated Funding Request Form
- Updated Blank Court Coverage Agreement
For FY2014 statistical forms, please contact the Senior Grants Program Specialist at 617-586-1340 or email.
MOVA Releases 2016 Request for Grant Applications (RGA) for SAFEPLAN Advocacy Services
The Massachusetts Office for Victim Assistance (MOVA) has released the 2016 Request for Grant Applications (RGA) for SAFEPLAN Advocacy services. An intent to apply form is due Wednesday December 31, 2014 at 5:00pm. Applications must be delivered to MOVA no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday February 5, 2015. All documents are available on COMMBUYS – www.commbuys.com/bso. For further information, please contact the Procurement Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of this procurement is to seek qualified applicants interested in providing civil court advocacy to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking through the SAFEPLAN Program. Currently, SAFEPLAN exists in 44 district and probate and family courts throughout Barnstable, Berkshire, Bristol, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire, Middlesex, Plymouth, and Worcester Counties.
Qualified applicants who are interested in applying for SAFEPLAN funding must operate as a non-profit organization that meets the requirements of a “domestic violence victims’ program” as described in M.G.L. c. 233 § 20K, and has a record of providing direct service to victims of domestic violence. The applicant must have the approval and support of their agency’s Board of Directors in applying for SAFEPLAN funding. SAFEPLAN services will not be expanding beyond existing staffing levels, existing courts, and/or existing host agencies. A full listing of identified courts and SAFEPLAN host agencies can be found on www.commbuys.com/bso.
The award period for this grant is state fiscal year 2016, July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016, with an option to renew for two additional years. The fiscal year 2017 and fiscal year 2018 funding will be obligated separately prior to the beginning of each fiscal year via a renewal process.
SAFEPLAN FY2016 Timeline
- December 5, 2014: Release of Request for Grant Applications
- December 31, 2014: Intent to Apply Form Due 5:00pm
- January, 2015: Non-mandatory SAFEPLAN Bidders’ Conference TBA
- January 16, 2015: Deadline to submit written questions regarding RGA - Answers to questions will be posted on or before January 22, 2015
- February 5, 2015: Grant Submission Deadline 5:00 p.m.
- May 13, 2015: Pending Victim and Witness Assistance Board Meeting: Vote on SAFEPLAN awards
- July 1, 2015: Start date for first year grant
- June 30, 2016: End date for first year grant
Note: Timeline is subject to change at the discretion of MOVA and/or the Victim and Witness Assistance Board.
For further information, please contact the Procurement Team Leader at email@example.com.