SAFEPLAN is MOVA’s statewide, court-based program that provides specially trained and certified advocates to help victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking who are seeking protection from abuse. SAFEPLAN Advocates are employed by local community-based domestic violence and sexual assault agencies located in district and probate courts across the state.
- SAFEPLAN Advocates help victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking plan for their safety and obtain 209A restraining orders, (also called protective orders), and/or 258E harassment prevention orders (HPO) from the court.
- SAFEPLAN Advocates also provide referrals to local support services, information on legal and safety options and accompany victims to court proceedings.
FY2016 SAFEPLAN Program Funding Awards
MOVA announces FY2016 funding awards for the SAFEPLAN Program, approved by the Victim Witness Assistance Board on May 20, 2015. The following agencies have been awarded funds to provide SAFEPLAN services July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016.
Information for SAFEPLAN Program Grantees
The following are applicable forms for SAFEPLAN grantees:
- FY16 SAFEPLAN Policies and Procedures Manual
- FY16 VOCA Programmatic Change Form
- FY16 Advocate Status Form
- FY16 Funding Request Form
- FY16 Court Coverage Agreement
FY2016 statistical reporting forms have not changed. If these forms are needed, please contact the SAFEPLAN Program Coordinator, Jessica Adler at JAdler@massmail.state.ma.us.