At this time, you should be here because you are:
- an educator who is joining the MTRS for the first time, or
- an existing MTRS member who is changing school districts, or
- a former or inactive MTRS member who is returning to active service,
and your employer has registered you in our online MyTRS system and provided you with your MTRS Enrollment Assignment Sheet.
To complete your assignment, you will use MyTRS, our member self-service application.
Before continuing, PLEASE READ these instructions and important notes
- If you have not yet established an online MyTRS account, you will need to create one. On the MyTRS sign in page, click New to MyTRS? Create an account and, using your Social Security number and MTRS number, create your self-service account.
If you don't know your member number, you can obtain it from your payroll office or find it on:
• your MTRS Enrollment Assignment Sheet
• your annual statement of your MTRS annuity savings account
• most correspondence from the MTRS
- Using your MyTRS username and password, sign in to your account.
- On your home page, under the heading My Online Tools, click the first link, Enroll in the MTRS, and follow the instructions.
4. Before you click Submit to send your enrollment data, you will be asked to review the information you have entered for accuracy. Please check your information carefully, because after you click Submit, the Enroll in the MTRS link will no longer appear on your home page. If you find that you need to correct something after you have submitted your data, please contact the MTRS at 617-679-6877 or email@example.com.
Are you a former member of a Massachusetts public retirement system who took a refund when you left service? If so, please be aware of your limited opportunity to purchase "Section 3" creditable service at "buyback" interest.
If you established membership in a Massachusetts public retirement system on or after April 2, 2012, and you had previously been a member of a Massachusetts public retirement system and taken a refund of your account, you will have one year from the date that you re-entered public service to apply and pay for your Section 3 service purchase at the lower "buyback" interest rate (currently, 3.75%). After your first year of re-entry to membership, you will be subject to actuarial interest (currently, 7.5%). For details, see Types of purchasable service and application forms.
I have read the above instructions and information.
- MyTRS is only certified as compatible with Internet Explorer and Firefox. If you are using another web browser you may experience technical difficulties.
- MyTRS is periodically offline on Friday evenings for routine maintenance. If you are unable to access our system on a Friday evening, please try again at a later time.