Save yourself the drive: Walk-in services are limited
Please note that, in order to allow our experienced calculations and benefits staff to focus on our top priority—making sure that members who are retiring now receive their benefit payments on time—our services to walk-ins are limited and subject to a 15-minute maximum.
If you cannot find the information you need on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us by phone or e-mail before making the drive to Cambridge or Springfield. Our representatives are just a phone call away, and can most likely answer your questions or take your requests for additional services.
If you do visit our office, our services will be limited to:
- Reviewing any applications that you wish to submit for completeness (specifically, refund, retirement or service purchase applications)
- Answering certain general questions about MTRS processes
- Estimate your creditable service
- Determine your eligibility to purchase creditable service, or your estimated cost
- Project your retirement benefits
To obtain these services, please submit your request by phone or e-mail; we will acknowledge your request, and it will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
As a reminder, you can access these popular resources online:
- Downloadable forms
- Our comprehensive guide to retirement benefits, "Your MTRS Benefits" file size 2MB
Thank you in advance for your understanding!