Upcoming training programs
MTRS is presenting employer training programs on three different topics this October and November.
- For staff who are NEW to their MTRS responsibilities: Introduction to the MTRS (in-person program)
- Deduction Reporting in MyTRS (in-person program)
- How to Process Retiree Insurance in MyTRS (Online training: Webcast)
- Additional programs (if any)
Now available: New resources for member enrollment
- Employer Guide: Members Pending Enrollment Report. Now, to find out which, if any, of your employees have not yet completed the mandatory online enrollment process, you can simply download a list from MyTRS. The report includes each employee's name and MTRS member number–which the employee needs to create a MyTRS account–so it is now easier to follow up and remind the employee to enroll online.
- Videos and guides for members:
GASB reporting: FY2017 update and prior years’ reports
The MTRS has been working with representatives from the State Comptroller's office, the Public Employees’ Retirement Administration Commission (PERAC), and KPMG to issue the GASB Statement No. 68 schedules for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2016 to be used by our employer units in their FY2017 financial statements. GASB Statement No. 68 requires the Commonwealth to provide certain "on behalf" pension information to Massachusetts cities and towns whose teachers' pensions the Commonwealth is responsible for funding.
Above is a link to the GASB Statement No. 68 Report, dated May 2, 2017, which includes attestations from the Commonwealth’s independent auditor.
If you have any questions about the GASB Statement No. 68 Report or the individual schedules, please contact Michael Rodino of the State Comptroller's office, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sean Neilon, Assistant Executive Director of the MTRS, at email@example.com.