To optimize your experience in MyTRS—and avoid processing delays and errors—please make sure you are using the right browser and equipment.
Please note: At this time, the MyTRS application has been certified for the following browsers:
- Firefox 10 ESR (Extended Support Release)
- Internet Explorer 8 and 9 (Compatibility mode is no longer necessary or supported with MyTRS. See below for instructions on how to remove compatibility view.)
Additionally, regardless of which browser you are using, if you have an older version of Java, you may experience system crashes and/or hangs when viewing pages that load Java Applets. To resolve these issues, install Java 6 update 12 or higher (see below).
Recommended minimum hardware and software requirements
|CPU||1.5GHz Core Duo|
|Disk space||20 GB|
|Screen resolution||1024x768 or higher|
|Connection speed||Download speed = 1.5Mbps|
|Upload speed||768 Kbps|
|Browser||Internet Explorer 8.0 with compatibility view disabled||http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx|
|Internet Explorer 9.0 with compatibility view disabled||http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7|
|Adobe Acrobat||Version 10.x||http://www.adobe.com|
How to check your browser version
MyTRS was designed to be run in certain versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Follow these steps to check which version of IE of Firefox you're using:
1. While in IE or Firefox, click on the Help menu.
2. Click on About Internet Explorer or About Mozilla Firefox in the Help menu.
3. Depending on which browser you are using, one of the following pop-ups will appear, showing the version:
Removing Compatibility View
Internet Explorer remembers sites you choose to view in Compatibility View so that the next time you visit these sites you don’t have to select this option again. You can clear this list by following these steps:
1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Compatibility View Settings.
2. Highlight state.ma.us and click Remove.