Updated August 20, 2014
To optimize your experience in MyTRS—and avoid processing delays and errors—please make sure you are using the right browser and equipment.
As of August 25, 2014, the MyTRS application is certified for the following browsers:
- Firefox 24.5 ESR (Extended Support Release)
- Internet Explorer 11 (Compatibility mode is no longer necessary or supported with MyTRS. See below for instructions on how to remove compatibility view.)
PLEASE NOTE: Regardless of which browser you are using, if you have an older version of Java, you may experience system crashes and/or hangs when viewing pages that load Java Applets. To resolve these issues, install Java version 7.
Additionally, if you experience issues within the MyTRS application displaying popup windows, this may be caused by the security level in your browser being set too high. Adding the MyTRS URL to your list of Trusted Sites will most likely correct the problem. Please contact your IT department for assistance.
Recommended minimum hardware and software requirements
|Disk space||20 GB|
|Screen resolution||1024x768 or higher|
|Connection speed||Download speed = 1.5Mbps|
|Upload speed||768 Kbps|
|Browser||Internet Explorer 11 with compatibility view disabled|
|Firefox 24.5 ESR||https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/24.5.0esr/win32/en-US/|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8|
|JAVA RunTime||JAVA SE Version 7|
|Adobe Reader||Version 11|
How to check your browser version
MyTRS was designed to be run in certain versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Follow these steps to check which version of IE of Firefox you're using:
1. While in IE or Firefox, click on the Help menu.
2. Click on About Internet Explorer or About Mozilla Firefox in the Help menu.
3. Depending on which browser you are using, one of the following pop-ups will appear, showing the version:
Removing Compatibility View
Internet Explorer remembers sites you choose to view in Compatibility View so that the next time you visit these sites you don’t have to select this option again. You can clear this list by following these steps:
1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Compatibility View Settings.
2. Highlight state.ma.us and click Remove.