To optimize your experience in MyTRS—and avoid processing delays and errors—please make sure you are using the right browser and equipment.
Please note: At this time, the MyTRS application has been certified for the following browsers: Firefox 3.5.11 and Internet Explorer 7. However, if your current browser is Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), you may use it to work in MyTRS if you enable Compatibility View. Internet Explorer 8 will be certified for full use with MyTRS at a later date.
Additionally, regardless of which browser you are using, if you have an older version of Java, you may experience crashes and hangs when viewing pages that load Java Applets. To resolve these issues, install Java 6 update 11 or higher (see below).
Hardware and software requirements
|CPU||1.5GHz Core Duo|
|Disk space||20 GB|
|Screen resolution||1024x768 or higher|
|Connection speed||Download speed = 1.5Mbps|
|Upload speed||768 Kbps|
|Browser||Internet Explorer 8.0 with Compatibility View enabled|
Windows Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP:
Windows Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008:
|Internet Explorer 7||http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9ae91ebe-3385|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Ubuntu 9.10|
|Java RunTime||Version 6||http://www.java.com|
|Adobe Acrobat||Version 7.x||http://www.adobe.com|
How to check your browser version
MyTRS was designed to be run in certain versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Follow these steps to check which version of IE of Firefox you're using:
1. While in IE or Firefox, click on the Help menu.
2. Click on About Internet Explorer or About Mozilla Firefox in the Help menu.
3. Depending on which browser you are using, one of the following pop-ups will appear, showing the version:
Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) has not yet been certified for use with the MyTRS application. However, if you are using IE8, you can use it with MyTRS if you enable Compatibility View. Compatibility View resolves most site compatibility issues and makes websites that are designed for older browsers look and function better. Below are three quick steps to enable Compatibility View.
1. While in MyTRS, click on your Internet Explorer Tools menu.
2. Click on Compatibility View in the Tools menu.
3. A pop-up menu may appear on the top of the screen to confirm that you have enabled Compatibility View for MyTRS.
Removing Compatibility View
Internet Explorer remembers sites you choose to view in Compatibility View so that the next time you visit these sites you don’t have to select this option again. You can clear this list by following these steps:
1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Compatibility View Settings.
2. Highlight state.ma.us and click Remove.