Use this to name a beneficiary or to change your beneficiary designation. For more information, see also Survivor Benefits.
2. Refund application (for withdrawing or rolling over your MTRS account)
- Recommended process: If you leave active teaching service and wish to withdraw your funds, please walk through this step-by-step process. At the end of that process, you'll be able to download the Refund application.
- Refund application
3. Creditable service purchase application forms (see also Creditable service)
|NOTE: To be eligible to purchase service (excepting Peace Corps service), at the time you submit your service purchase application, you must be a member in service with the MTRS. Generally, you are a "member in service" if you are: actively teaching; receiving Workers' Compensation for total incapacity; on a sick leave; or, on an authorized unpaid leave of less than one year.|
- MA substitute, temporary or part-time service purchase application
- Out-of-state public school teaching service purchase application
- Other Massachusetts public service purchase application
- Nonpublic school/MA publicly-funded service purchase application
- Nonpublic school/pre-1973 service purchase application
- Chapter 71 military service application
- Peace Corps service purchase application
- US Department of Defense overseas dependent school service purchase application
- Vocational work experience service purchase application
For service purchase payments only (see Purchasing service with a direct transfer or rollover)
4. Retirement application forms
- Regular (“superannuation”) and termination retirement
- Recommended process: When you’re ready to retire, access our online benefit estimator and review the general retirement process. At the end of that process, you’ll be able to download a retirement application.
- Retirement application
- Termination retirement statement and release : If you are applying for an involuntary termination retirement benefit, you must submit this form along with your completed retirement
- Disability (ordinary and accidental retirement)
If you should find yourself permanently disabled and unable to work for an extended period of time, please review the process for applying for a disability retirement benefit.