Use this to name a beneficiary or to change your beneficiary designation. For more information, see also Survivor Benefits.
2. Refund application process (for withdrawing or rolling over your MTRS account)
If you leave active teaching service and wish to withdraw your funds, please walk through this step-by-step process which will guide you to the appropriate downloadable application (total refund to you, or rollover to an eligible plan).
3. Creditable service purchase application forms (see also Creditable service)
- MA substitute, temporary or part-time service purchase application
- Out-of-state public school teaching service purchase application
- Other Massachusetts public service purchase application
- Nonpublic school/MA publicly-funded service purchase application
- Nonpublic school/pre-1973 service purchase application
- Chapter 71 military service application
- Peace Corps service purchase application
- US Department of Defense overseas dependent school service purchase application
- Vocational work experience service purchase application
For service purchase payments only (see Purchasing service with a direct transfer or rollover)
4. Retirement application forms
- Regular (“superannuation”) and termination retirement
- Recommended process: When you’re ready to retire, access our online benefit estimator and review the general retirement process. At the end of that process, you’ll be able to download a retirement application.
- Retirement application file size 4MB
- Termination retirement statement and release : If you are applying for an involuntary termination retirement benefit, you must submit this form along with your completed retirement
- Disability (ordinary and accidental retirement)
If you should find yourself permanently disabled and unable to work for an extended period of time, please review the process for applying for a disability retirement benefit.