Since its inception and with the passage of the CARD Act, Project Credit Smarts has evolved into a program to primarily teach college students, as well as high school students, essential financial management tools. Topics include using credit responsibly, knowing what's in your credit report, what makes up a credit score, protecting yourself from identity theft, financing a college education (types of school loans, grants, etc.), affordable banking products, the difference between a debit card and a credit card, and much more.
The Project Credit Smarts teaching module consists of a five-minute video and a 30-minute Power Point presentation, followed by questions and answers.
We have presented to more than 2,000 students at the following colleges and universities:
- Bentley University
- Bristol Community College
- Bunker Hill Community College
- Cape Cod Community College
- Fitchburg State University
- Framingham State University
- Greenfield Community College
- Holyoke Community College
- Middlesex Community College
- Mt. Wachusett Community College
- North Shore Community College
- Pine Manor College
- Salem State University
- Simmons College
- Springfield Technical Community College
- Suffolk University
- UMass Amherst
- UMass Dartmouth
- Westfield State University
Project Credit Smarts partners include:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) - Boston
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) - Northeast Division
- Massachusetts Bankers Association
- Massachusetts Credit Union League, Inc.
- Sallie Mae
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Learn more on our .