Background regarding Division of Banks Selected OpinionsThe publication of these Selected Opinions, as well as the previously issued Annual and Quarterly Digests, is part of the Division's ongoing effort to continue to improve its communication with all those who have a vested interest in the financial services industry. Through these Selected Opinions and Digests, the Division offers its perspective on current issues and questions in the financial services industry. As always, requests for opinions from the Division must be addressed directly to the Commissioner of Banks, Massachusetts Division of Banks, 1000 Washington Street, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02118-6400 and must include a statement of all relevant facts, cites to applicable statutes and regulatory documents and an analysis of those materials supporting your position. The Division acknowledges receipt of opinion requests by assigning each a number. Any subsequent inquiries to the Division about an opinion request should refer to this opinion number.
- Exclusive Lease Arrangements In Which A Bank Is A Party - Q2 1998
- Authority To Offer Unemployment Insurance To A Co-Borrower - Q1 1998
- Mobile Branch Offices - Q4 1997
- Federal Reserve's Single Account Structure - Q1 1998
- Limitations On Bank Deposit Contracts - Q4 1997
- Bank Holding Company Acquisitions Of Certain Limited Purpose Banks - Q4 1997
- Using The Word Bank Within The Name Of A Corporate Licensee - Q4 1997
- Bank Sales Or Distribution Of Pre-Paid Telephone Cards And Postage Stamps - Q4 1997
- Collection Agency Licensing Requirements For Out-Of-State Banks - Q4 1997
- Permissibility Of A Massachusetts-Chartered Bank Investing In Securities Which Are Less Than Investment Grade - Q2 1998
- Bank Denials Of Equipment Lease Applications Made By Small Businesses - Q4 1997
- Maintaining A Banking Office At The Same Site Where Another Bank Has An ATM - Q3 1997
- Limitations On Bank Deposit Contracts - Q3 1997
- Out-Of-State Banks Making Mortgage Loans In The Commonwealth - Q3 1997
- License Requirements For Entities Which Sell, Distribute & Maintain ATMs - Q3 1997
- Reciprocity With Connecticut Banking Merger Laws - Q4 1997
- Applicability Small Loans Act And Small Loans Rate Order On Banks - Q1 1998
- Permissibility Of Pre-Setting Personal Identification Numbers For Bank Telephone Banking Services - Q3 1997
- Dividend Anticipation Loan Notice Requirements - Q3 1997
- Permissibility Of Offering Home Equity Loans - Q4 1997
- Permissibility Of Providing Courier Services - Q3 1997
- Unauthorized Electronic Funds Transfers Disclosures Regarding Customer Liability - Q3 1997
- Notifying Passbook Account Holders Of Their Rights Under The "18-65" Law - Q3 1997
- Assets Qualifying For Co-operative Bank Minimum Reserve Requirements - Q3 1997
- Bank Authority To Invest In The Capital Stock Of A Bankers' Bank - Q3 1997
- Deposit Solicitation In Massachusetts By Out-Of-State Banks - Q3 1997
- Federal Pre-emption Of The Massachusetts Electronic Funds Act - Q3 1997
- Laws Applicable To Insider Loans - Q3 1997
Past opinions of the Division of BanksCopies of past opinions may be obtained for a fee from the Division's Consumer Assistance Unit at (617) 956-1502, and must be paid for by check. The Division's Regulations, found in the Code of Massachusetts Regulations (CMR - agency code number 209), are available through the State House Bookstore, State House Room 116, Boston, Massachusetts, 02133. Please contact the bookstore directly for prices at (617) 727-2834.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.