Background regarding Division of Banks Selected OpinionsThe publication of these Selected Opinions, as well as the previously issued Annual and Quarterly Digests, is part of the Division's ongoing effort to continue to improve its communication with all those who have a vested interest in the financial services industry. Through these Selected Opinions and Digests, the Division offers its perspective on current issues and questions in the financial services industry. As always, requests for opinions from the Division must be addressed directly to the Commissioner of Banks, Massachusetts Division of Banks, 1000 Washington Street, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02118-6400 and must include a statement of all relevant facts, cites to applicable statutes and regulatory documents and an analysis of those materials supporting your position. The Division acknowledges receipt of opinion requests by assigning each a number. Any subsequent inquiries to the Division about an opinion request should refer to this opinion number.
- Several Questions Relative to Borrower's Interest Regulation - May 26, 2005
- Are Loans on Mobile/Manufactured Homes on Leased Land Covered by the High Cost Mortgage Loan Regulations - July 28, 2003
- Issue Related to High Cost Mortgage Loan Regulation - February 26, 2001
- Issues Related to High Cost Mortgage Loan Regulation - March 9, 2001
- Questions Relative to High Cost Loan Provisions of Truth in Lending Regulation - June 4, 2001, June 25, 2001, July 12, 2001, August 6, 2001
- Calculation of APR and Effective Date under High Cost Mortgage Loan Regulation - February 26, 2001
- The Compliance Requirements Of 940 CMR 8.05 And Certain Truth-In-Lending Disclosure Requirements - Q4 1999
- Ability To Charge A Fee To Protect Against Repossession Losses - Q4 1999
- Truth-In-Lending Issues Triggered By Home Equity Loan Product - Q3 1999
- Permissibility Of Mortgage Brokers Providing Disclosures To Borrowers On Behalf Of Mortgage Lenders - Q2 1999
- Truth-In-Lending Disclosures For Consumer Loans Through The Internet - Q2 1999
- Regulation Z And Disclosure For Variable Rate Mortgage Loans - Q1 1998
- Licensing Requirements For Entities Soliciting Consumer Financing In MA
- Excludability Of Title Search Charges From Finance Charge Disclosure Requirements - Q4 1997
- Truth-In-Lending Disclosures For Bi-Weekly Mortgage Notes - Q3 1997
- Restrictions On Publishing Mortgage Rates - Q3 1997
Past opinions of the Division of BanksCopies of past opinions may be obtained for a fee from the Division's Consumer Assistance Unit at (617) 956-1502, and must be paid for by check. The Division's Regulations, found in the Code of Massachusetts Regulations (CMR - agency code number 209), are available through the State House Bookstore, State House Room 116, Boston, Massachusetts, 02133. Please contact the bookstore directly for prices at (617) 727-2834.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.