Background regarding Division of Banks Selected OpinionsThe publication of these Selected Opinions, as well as the previously issued Annual and Quarterly Digests, is part of the Division's ongoing effort to continue to improve its communication with all those who have a vested interest in the financial services industry. Through these Selected Opinions and Digests, the Division offers its perspective on current issues and questions in the financial services industry. As always, requests for opinions from the Division must be addressed directly to the Commissioner of Banks, Massachusetts Division of Banks, 1000 Washington Street, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02118-6400 and must include a statement of all relevant facts, cites to applicable statutes and regulatory documents and an analysis of those materials supporting your position. The Division acknowledges receipt of opinion requests by assigning each a number. Any subsequent inquiries to the Division about an opinion request should refer to this opinion number.
Application Requirements to Install an Interactive Teller Machine at Non-Branch Locations - June 7, 2013
- Whether Prepaid Reloadable Stored Value Cards Trigger Licensure Statutes Relative to the Business of Selling, Issuing or Registering Checks or Money Orders or Foreign Money Transmittal - April 26, 2005
- Employers Requiring Direct Deposit of Salary by Electronic Means - June 30, 2004, October 27, 2000
- The Applicability of G.L. chapter 167B to Home Equity Line of Credit Advances-March 21, 2001
- Ability Of Non-Bank ATM Providers To Notify Customers Of Fee Arrangement With Massachusetts-Chartered Bank - Q3 1998
- Mortgage Loan Closing Procedures And Requirements; Permissibility To Access Home Equity Lines of Credit Through ATM Or Credit Cards - Q3 1998
- Ability To Sell Phone Cards And Postage Stamps Through Non-Bank ATMs - Q2 1998
- Disclosure Requirements For Fees And Charges - Q2 1998
- Scope Of Statute Governing Electronic Funds Transfer Systems - Ch. 167B.
- Ability Of Credit Union To Invest In An Electronic Funds Transfer System
- Application Requirements To Establish A Check Issuing Machine - Q4 1997
Past opinions of the Division of BanksCopies of past opinions may be obtained for a fee from the Division's Consumer Assistance Unit at (617) 956-1502, and must be paid for by check. The Division's Regulations, found in the Code of Massachusetts Regulations (CMR - agency code number 209), are available through the State House Bookstore, State House Room 116, Boston, Massachusetts, 02133. Please contact the bookstore directly for prices at (617) 727-2834.