Background regarding Division of Banks Selected OpinionsThe publication of these Selected Opinions, as well as the previously issued Annual and Quarterly Digests, is part of the Division's ongoing effort to continue to improve its communication with all those who have a vested interest in the financial services industry. Through these Selected Opinions and Digests, the Division offers its perspective on current issues and questions in the financial services industry. As always, requests for opinions from the Division must be addressed directly to the Commissioner of Banks, Massachusetts Division of Banks, 1000 Washington Street, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02118-6400 and must include a statement of all relevant facts, cites to applicable statutes and regulatory documents and an analysis of those materials supporting your position. The Division acknowledges receipt of opinion requests by assigning each a number. Any subsequent inquiries to the Division about an opinion request should refer to this opinion number.
- Authority for the Depositors Insurance Fund To Borrow from the Federal Home Loan Bank - July 30, 2003
- Operating as a Credit Services Organization in Massachusetts - January 9, 2002
- Licensing Requirements for Credit Reporting Agency - August 16, 2001
- Acting As A Foreign Fiduciary In The Commonwealth - Q4 1999
- Authority Of Savings Bank Employees Benefit Association ("SBEBA") Relative To Formation Of Or Investment In Subsidiaries - Q2 1999
Q1 1999 Miscellaneous opinionThe Division of Banks, jointly with the Division of Insurance, responded to a trade association's request for comment on issues raised in several questions relative to the operation of the bank insurance sales statute, Chapter 129 of the Acts of 1998 and regulations promulgated by the DOB and DOI, 209 CMR 49.00 et seq . and 211 CMR 142.00 et seq. , respectively.
- Prohibition Against Surcharges For Making Payments Through Credit Cards - Q4 1998
- Preemption of State Law Adverse Action Requirements - Q4 1998
- "Budget Planner" As "Credit Services Organization" - Q2 1998
- CRA Qualification Of Investment In A Fund That Is A Business Development Corporation - Q2 1998
Past opinions of the Division of BanksCopies of past opinions may be obtained for a fee from the Division's Consumer Assistance Unit at (617) 956-1502, and must be paid for by check. The Division's Regulations, found in the Code of Massachusetts Regulations (CMR - agency code number 209), are available through the State House Bookstore, State House Room 116, Boston, Massachusetts, 02133. Please contact the bookstore directly for prices at (617) 727-2834.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.