Foreclosure Petition Website
The following explains how to manage your foreclosure petitions.
- Using your Internet browser, go to the Division's website ( www.mass.gov/dob) and click on More in the gray box titled ONLINE SERVICES. Click on File a 90 Day Right To Cure Notice. The page changes to the Foreclosure Petition website home page.
- You must register the first time you use the site. Click the Register link located under the gray Log In box at the top of the page. The New User Registration form will open and you will be required to enter information about your loan holder's organization. Only one individual from the organization will be allowed to set up the company's registration. You are also asked to enter a password. All fields with the red asterisk are required fields. When finished, click the Submit button located at the bottom of the page.
- Division of Banks personnel review the information you have entered.
- If the request is approved, your account is activated and a notification email will be sent to you that will include your user name for logging in.
- If the request is denied, a notification email will be sent to you explaining the decision.
- Log in to the Foreclosure Petition website by entering your assigned user name and the password you created and clicking on the Log In button.
- Create a foreclosure petition by clicking on the Create Petition link located in the blue bar at the top of the page and entering the information below. You click PREVIOUS or NEXT to move from screen to screen or CANCEL UPDATE to save the entered information and continue later. Clicking PREVIOUS, NEXT, or CANCEL UPDATE will save the information entered into the forms on the screen.
- Borrower Information - Enter the property location; and the type, amount, and date of the loan. You must click ADD after entering in the borrowers name.
- Filing Entity - Enter information about the loan holder and the date of the petition filing.
- Previous Loan Assignees - Indicate whether there are any previous loan assignees. If yes, enter the lender information for each previous assignee. A form for information on the assignee will appear after choosing YES.
- 90 Day Right to Cure - Indicate whether the 90 Day Right to Cure has been sent. If yes, enter the notice information. If no, enter the acceleration date.
When completed, click DONE to save the information. You can complete a petition in one session or save portions and finish it at a later time. After completing a petition, review the information on the summary page. If you need to make changes or edits click on the BACK button. If the summary page is accurate, click the COMMIT PETITION button. If you chose the COMMIT PETITION button, the information will be saved and cannot be changed.
- If a foreclosure sale has been scheduled, log back into the system. Click on SEARCH PETITIONS located in the blue bar at the top of the page. Enter in criteria for your search (borrower name, property location, or status etc.) and click SEARCH. Click VIEW. Click on NEXT until you reach the Foreclosure Sale screen. Enter the Sale Date, Sold To, and Sale Price. (This tab will NOT appear if you HAVE NOT indicated a 90 Day Right to Cure has been sent.)
- After entering the Foreclosure Sale information, click SUBMIT, and review the information. Once reviewed either click BACK to make changes or click the Commit Petition Sale button if correct. The information will be saved and cannot be changed.
- Print a summary of the petition by clicking PRINT.
- Use the Search Petitions function to find existing petitions which you can then view or update.
- Log Out to exit the system.