- Gift certificates must remain valid for at least seven years and are not subject to any fees
- Once you have used 90% of the certificate's value, you may choose to take the remaining value in cash, or continue with the gift certificate
- Gift certificates not clearly marked with an expiration date, and issuance date, shall come with those dates clearly printed on the sales receipt, or available on line
- If the gift certificate expiration dates are not provided, the gift certificate shall be good forever
- Dormancy fees (fees charged for not using your gift certificate in a timely manner) are not allowed in Massachusetts
This content provided by the Office of Consumer Affairs.