- Retain all your delivery slips.
- Check your delivery ticket to ensure that the amount of gallons delivered was mechanically printed on the ticket. Massachusetts Law does not allow the gallonage amount to be handwritten, it must be mechanically printed on the ticket.
- Make sure the price per gallon appears on the ticket at time of delivery.
- Check the bills sent from the fuel supplier to ensure that the unit price charged is the same as the original delivery ticket
- Determine the daily consumption by dividing the number of days between deliveries to determine the average amount of gallons used per day. A sudden increase in the amount of fuel used daily could mean a fraudulent delivery took place or the burner is malfunctioning.
- If in doubt about the delivery quantity contact the Massachusetts Division of Standards or your local weights and measures official.
Content provided by the Massachusetts Division of Standards .