Several agencies are housed in the State Transportation Building, which is located at 10 Park Plaza in downtown Boston between the theater district and the Park Plaza Hotel. The Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation can be found on the 5th floor in Suite 5170. The map above shows MBTA stations that are within a five-to-ten minute walk from the building, which is fully accessible to people with disabilities. Parking is available in the State Transportation Building garage (Charles Street side of building) and in other garages nearby.
- From Route I-93 southbound: Take the South Station/Chinatown exit (#20A), located near the end of the Dewey Square/South Station tunnel, and turn right at the third signal onto Kneeland Street. Go straight on Kneeland Street (which becomes Stuart Street after a few blocks). Within a mile of South Station, the State Transportation Building will be on your right. After a mandatory right turn, the entrance to the garage is first driveway on the right.
- From Route I-93 northbound: Take the South Station exit (#20). Bear left and follow the frontage road towards South Station. The frontage road ends at Kneeland Street, and a prominent sign says to go left to Chinatown. Turn left and follow Kneeland Street (which becomes Stuart Street after a few blocks). Within a mile of South Station, the State Transportation Building will be on your right. After a mandatory right turn, the entrance to the garage is first driveway on the right.
- From the MassPike eastbound: Take the Prudential Center/Copley Square exit (#22); follow tunnel signs (right lane) to Copley Square. Continue straight through six lights down Stuart Street. At this point you will be in front of the State Transportation Building. After turning left onto Charles Street South the entrance to the garage is immediately on the right.
Walking or MBTA Rapid Transit:
- GREEN LINE: Get off at Boylston Station. When you exit the station you will be near the corner of Boylston Street and Tremont Street. Go right on Boylston Street along the Boston Common and walk a half block to Boylston Place Pedestrian Alley on your left. The State Transportation Building is at the end of the alley.
- BLUE LINE: Get off at Government Center Station. From there take the Green Line inbound. Follow the Green Line directions above.
- RED LINE: Get off at Park Street Station. From there take the Green Line to Boylston Station. Follow the Green Line directions above.
- ORANGE & SILVER LINES: Get off at Chinatown Station. When you exit the station or bus you will be on the corner of Boylston Street and Washington Street. Walk one and a half blocks, west on Boylston Street, to Boylston Place Pedestrian Alley on your left. The State Transportation Building is at the end of the alley.
Entering the Building:
You will enter the building into a food court. Find the escalator and go up to the 2nd floor. Show identification to security and sign in. Immediately turn left and proceed toward elevators. Take elevator to fifth floor. Upon leaving the elevator, turn right and Consumer Affairs is at the end of the corridor on the left.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.