- An unusual musty smell, like mold or mildew
- Debris under the seats or the hood
- Mud in the car or under the hood
- Water stains in the interior
- Rust in the interior or on the pedals
Next, get a vehicle history report from the Department of Motor Vehicles or other private companies that provide automobile history reports. Take the car for a test drive to see how it runs and finally, get a professional mechanic to check out the car before you buy.
Buy from a Massachusetts used car dealer and remember that Massachusetts consumers are protected by the Massachusetts Lemon Law (M.G.L.c.90§7N1/2).