Registration of Motor Vehicle Damage Repair Shops Information Sheet
- Complete and file both sides of the application form approved by the Director of the Division of Standards.
- Include a registration fee of $450 dollars, check or money order made out to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Include a $10,000 dollar surety bond or letter of credit on the form approved by the Director of the Division of Standards. Bonds must be executed and sealed by bonding company. No Xerox copies will be accepted.
- Send a copy of the declaration page of your company’s workmen’s compensation insurance policy. Policy number and effective dates must be current and legible.
- A letter from your licensed appraiser stating that he/she is employed by you. Said letter must bear an imprint of the appraiser’s seal.
- Sign the application and bond form.
Please note: Section 22 of Chapter 208 of the Acts of 2012 listed below
pertaining to the registration of Motor Vehicle Glass Repair Shops.
SECTION 22. Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, a registered motor vehicle repair shop, as defined in section 1 of chapter 100A of the General Laws, performing motor vehicle glass repair on the effective date of this act shall not be required to register with the division of standards as both a registered motor vehicle repair shop and a registered motor vehicle glass repair shop.
Mail completed application to :
DIVISION OF STANDARDS
1 ASHBURTON PLACE, RM 1115
Boston, MA 02108
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.