The Division of Professional Licensure is an "umbrella" agency within the Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation. The Division is responsible for en-suring the integrity of the licensure process for more than 45 trades and professions regulated by 31 Boards of Registration, the continual updating of licenses for over 330,000 licensees, and the maintenance of multiple databases related to licensing, en-forcement, and revenue collection. This work is accomplished through the combined efforts of the members of the Boards and the staff of Board offices, Computer Services, the Accounting Unit, the Office of Legal Counsel, the Office of Prosecutions, the Office of Investigations, and the Administrative Office.
The Division works to protect the public welfare by issuing licenses to qualified individuals who provide services to consumers, and through the fair and consistent en-forcement of the statutes and regulations of the Boards of Registration.
PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
- We treat customers, as well as one another, with professional courtesy and respect and work to exceed each other's expectations.
- We understand that people make mistakes and we help one another overcome obstacles.
- We foster an atmosphere of trust among staff and customers.
- We encourage employees to "break from the mold," to explore new ways of doing things, and learn from one another.
- We treat customers fairly and consistently according to agreed upon policies andprocedures.
The Division hosting its annual "Bring your Child to Work Day," which is always a great event for both the children and parents.