- The Student Career Outreach Program visited 43 high schools, 1 Elementary School, a Community College, the Life skills program for at risk youths of Metro-West, the Commonwealth of Mass. Career Expo at UMass Boston, the New England Shelter for Homeless Veterans and the Apprentice of Hope in Roxbury. We have distributed over 12,000 take-away cards, and have spoken to over a thousand stu-dents and parents about the Licensure process.
- Conducted over 7,000 inspections of businesses, an increase of 23% from fiscal year 2007.
- Disciplined over 2,200 Licensees, an increase of 25% from fiscal year 2007.
- Received over 3,400 new complaints, an increase of 12%.
- Collected over $270,000 fines in fiscal year 2008.
- Renewed over 220,000 licensees in fiscal year 2008.
- Licensed over 22,000 new professionals.
- Successfully implemented Massage Therapy licensing process which resulted in the licensure of over 6,000 individuals. Additionally, worked collaboratively with board members, board staff, community members, educators, and practitioners to draft regulations for the licensure of individual Massage Therapists which took ef-fect on January 3, 2008. Through public hearings held in Boston and Springfield, the Board, Board Counsel and staff solicited input to finalize regulations and mini-mum standards for massage therapy establishments.
- Coordinated with the Legislature to enact a bill to establish new Board of Registra-tion of Sheet Metal Workers.
- Assisted the Opticians Board with drafting a Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of Corrections establishing a program that gives apprenticeship credit to inmate participants with the goal of contributing to a successful re-entry program for ex-offenders.
- Successfully completed Plumbing inspections of life science labs and classrooms at UMASS Amherst.
- Inspected 95% of all new businesses within ten days of receipt of completed appli-cation.
- Processed over 900 Public Record Requests.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.