This license allows the holder to have a regular place of business and to employ duly licensed people to perform refrigeration work.
Who should have one?
Anyone who has a regular place of business or who, by himself, or with other refrigeration technicians in their employ perform refrigeration work.
What are the prerequisites?
A person seeking a Refrigeration Contractor License must:
1. Have submitted a properly completed application with proper mailing AND home address, social security number.
2. Attached 1" x 1.25" photo (Unless Authorization for Release of RMV Photo Information Signed-Off)
3. Documentation from employer that you have held and used a Massachusetts Refrigeration Technicians license for not less than 2,000 hours.
4. Documentation from an approved school that you have completed 100 hours of additional refrigeration training.
5. Submit a non-refundable application processing fee ($150)
How is this license obtained?
You must make application and successfully pass a written exam.
Application --- $150.00 ($150 non-refundable processing fee)
Renewal Fee - $75.00
- Bureau of Pipefitters, Refrigeration Technicians, and Sprinklerfitters
- Refrigeration Technicians, Pipefitters, and Sprinklerfitters (FAQ)