This license allows the holder to perform sprinkler work subject to inspection under any law, ordinance, by-law, rule or regulation but does not employ other journeymen or contractors.
Who should have one?
Anyone who performs fire protection sprinkler work.
What are the prerequisites?
A person seeking a Journeyman Sprinklerfitter License must:
1. Completed Application with proper mailing AND home address, social security number.
2. Copy of high school diploma or equivalency certification
3. Attached 1" x 1.25" photo
4. Non-refundable application processing fee ($75).
5. Documentation from employer that you have worked not less than 8,000 hours in Massachusetts as an apprentice sprinklerfitter or trainee.
6. Documentation from an approved school that you have completed 144 hours of sprinkler fitting study per year of apprenticeship.
5. Approved by a majority vote of the Bureau
How is this license obtained?
You must make application and successfully pass a written exam.
Application --- $75.00 ($75 non-refundable processing fee)
Renewal Fee - $50.00
- Bureau of Pipefitters, Refrigeration Technicians, and Sprinklerfitters
- Refrigeration Technicians, Pipefitters, and Sprinklerfitters (FAQ)