Cable Television Consumer Rights

If you subscribe to cable television service, you have rights concerning billing practices, rate increases, late charges, disconnection of service, interruption of service, security deposits and dispute resolution procedures.


If you have a billing dispute or a complaint on your cable rates, refer to our Consumer Fact Sheets.

All complaints should be directed to the Department's Consumer Division and may be sent via U.S. Mail or telephone:

Department of Telecommunications and Cable
Consumer Division
1000 Washington Street, Suite 820
Boston, MA 02118-6500

Phone: (617) 305-3531 or 1-800-392-6066

You may also send a complaint via email.

All complaints sent to the Department should include your name, address, home and work phone numbers, a complete description of the complaint, and any actions taken to resolve it thus far.