Notice of Meeting of Public Body
Special Commission to Study Health Benefit Plan Reductions
When: Dec. 20, 2010, 10:30AM - 12:00PM
Where: 1000 Washington Street, Hearing Room 111-E, Boston, MA
- Vote on whether to adopt the draft minutes of the December 10, 2010 Commission meeting.
- Discussion of draft report and proposed changes.
- Vote on whether to adopt significant changes or amendments to the draft report.
- Vote on whether to adopt draft report as the final report to the legislature.
- Discussion of any other matter brought before the Commission.
Section 58 of Chapter 288 of the Acts of 2010, An Act to Promote Cost Containment, Transparency and Efficiency in the Provision of Quality Health Insurance for Individuals and Small Businesses, provides for the creation of a "special commission to make an investigation and study relative to the impact of reducing the number of health benefit plans that a health payer may maintain and offer to individuals and employers" (the "special commission").
The meeting is open to members of the public in accordance with the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §§ 18-25.