Meeting of 2/1/12
Held at 1000 Washington Street,
Room 1C, Boston, MA at 10:00 a. m.
1. The Chairman to call the meeting to order.
2. Consideration of the minutes of the 12/7/11 meeting.
3. (6) Parties to appear and petition the Board for 5 minutes regarding an Apprentice
Chris Chadwell - previous extension granted – missed NCLE by 2 points.
Expedito DeAlmeida - previous extension granted – learning english trying to pass ABO.
Kenneth Fazio - is over the 5 year apprentice period is registered for the May ABO exam.
Charles Garrett - passed the ABO tried to pass the NCLE 5x’s but takes it each time it is offered. He is over the 5 years allotted for an apprenticeship he was registered at Lenscrafters in Burlington 8/05-08/09.
Claire Selvitella - previously extensions granted to pass the ABO.
Helen Watson - previous extension granted - missed NCLE by 2 points.
4. Mark Henrie – To appear and requesting medical accommodation regarding the inability to use lensometer.
5. Board Counsel to report on legal issues.
A. Discussion of over the counter contact sales without a prescription.
6. Approve Applications/Approve Apprentice Agreements/Wall
Certificates/Apprentice Extension Requests.
Tobin, Stephen M.
7. Discussion of Practical examination.
A. Communication from Beatrice Papa regarding examination.
8. Discussion of communications.
A. A Communication from Christopher Bono.
B. A Communication from the American Board of Opticiany and the
Contact Lense Examiners.
9. Discussion of upcoming meeting dates:
3/7, 4/4, 5/2, 6/6, 8/1, 9/5, 10/3, 11/7, 12/5
10.11:00 a.m. - Statistical data on Case Reports, Staff Assignments, and Inspection
Updates. Quasi-Judicial Session/Discussion of the cases. (Closed Session)
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Learn more on our .