Massachusetts Board of Dispensing Opticians
Regular Meeting Agenda
Meeting of 11/6/13
Held at 1000 Washington Street,
Room 1C, Boston, MA
at 10:00 a. m.
1. The Chairman to call the meeting to order. (Housekeeping matters including
2. Consideration of the minutes of the 10/2/13 meeting.
3. Introduction of new Board Member Thomas R. Merrill.
4. Applicants to request apprentice extensions:
A. Jose Zavalla
B. Susan A. Fennessey
C. Brenda Susana
5. Board Counsel to report on legal issues.
A. Communications regarding examination
6. Approve Applications/Approve Apprentice Agreements/Wall Certificates/
Vianny L. Martinez
7. Upcoming Board Meeting date 12/4.
Proposed 2014 dates: 2/5, 3/5, 4/2, 5/7, 6/4, 8/6, 9/3, 10/01, 11/5, 12/3.
8. Discussion of Communications.
A. NSORB Minutes of 9/21/13 Meeting.
9. Discuss of Board objectives.
10. Items not reasonable anticipated by the Chairman within 48-hours of meeting.
11. 11:00 a.m. - Discussion of cases (Closed Session under G.L. c. 112, s. 65C) /
Quasi-Judicial Session (Closed Session under G.L. c. 30A, s. 18).
12. A motion to adjourn.
Reasonable accommodations or modifications will be provided to individuals with disabilities to participate in the State Dispensing Opticians Board Meeting . All requests should be directed to Deborah Cassano by calling 617-727-3110 we will attempt to honor all requests, those requests received after November 1, 2013 may not be provided due to feasibility.