Meeting of 9/7/11
Held at 1000 Washington Street,
Room 1G, Boston, MA
at 10:00 a. m.
1. The Chairman to call the meeting to order.
2. Consideration of the minutes of the 8/3/11 meeting.
3. Parties to appear:
A. Corey Grant, requesting qualifications to run a test prep course.
B. Redoune Ennajibi, to appear and discuss obtaining a Massachusetts license, he is licensed in Morocco, and submitted a transcript of graduating from an Opticianry College in Moscou.
4. Discussion of the Practical Exam Demonstrations.
5. Board Counsel to report on legal issues.
6. Approve Applications/Approve Apprentice Agreements/Wall Certificates/Apprentice Extension Requests/Reinstatement Request:
Nassima Aneziane - Applied for previous apprentice extension, approved to sit for May exam, her mother passed away May 14, wants to sit for November exam.
Christopher Chadwell- Submitted apprentice completion certificate June 2011, passed ABO 3 points away from passing NCLE is seeking apprentice extension.
Andrea Schurgin - Apprentice completion papers received November 2000, ABO passed requires an apprentice extension until she successfully passes the NCLE examination.
Carrie A. Smith - Apprentice completion papers 2/05, ABO passed,& missed NCLE Examination by 3 points. She requires an apprentice extension until she successfully passes the NCLE examination.
7. Discussion of communications.
July 15, 2011 communication from Commission on Opticianry Accreditation
Regarding input on proposed changes to Essentials of an Accredited Educational Program of Opticianry.
August 4, 2011 Communication from Jennifer Glass Pittsfield, Walmart regarding hiring licensed Dispensing Opticians.
August 9, 2011 Communication from Sandra F. Kirk regarding receiving credit for all the time she worked as an apprentice at Walmart.
8. Discussion of annual report.
9. Upcoming meeting dates are 10/5, 11/2, 12/7.
10. Statistical data on Case Reports, Staff Assignments, and Inspection Updates. . Quasi-Judicial Session/ Discussion of the cases. (Closed Session)