Meeting of 12/1/10
Held at 1000 Washington Street, Room 1E, Boston, MA at 10:00 a. m.
1. The Chairman to call the meeting to order.
2. Consideration of the minutes of the 11/3/10 meeting.
3. Parties to appear:
A. 10:00 a.m. - Edward Pelham, School of Optometry to address the Board.
B. 10:15 a.m. - Regina Clavette - requesting reinstatement of apprenticeship has not passed pre-requisite exams.
C. 10:30 a.m. - James Curry, requesting reinstatement of apprenticeship has passed ABO exam.
D. 10:45 a.m. - Sarah Kelley - passed ABO, NCLE, needs 6 months more work experience was on a maturity leave.
E. 11:00 a.m. - Susan Hahn, U.S. Vision to discuss policies regarding customer record requests. (DO-11-050 May go into closed session for discussion)
4. 1:00 p.m. - Lunch break.
5. Update on the National Practical Exam.
6. Discussion of modifications to the Benjamin Franklin Agreement.
7. Legal report on apprenticeship extensions.
8. Approve Applications/Approve Apprentice Agreements/Wall Certificates.
9. Discussion of communications.
A . Jennifer Sommer, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Health and Wellness, Walmart.
10. The Upcoming 2011 meeting dates are:
1/5 , 2/2, 3/2, 4/6, 5/4, 6/1, 8/3, 9/7, 10/5,11/2, 12/7
11. Discussion of audit/ Discussion of the cases. (Closed Session)