The Division of Professional Licensure (DPL) is pleased to announce the availability of the e-Licensing and e-Permitting Portal, a new online system that will enable licensed individuals and businesses to renew electronically. To renew your license online, please refer to the instructions detailed below.
To renew online, you will need the license renewal which was mailed to your address of record. If you do not have a license renewal form please contact the board at 617-727-8911 / 617-727-3022 or via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain one.
If you have your license renewal you may then complete the following steps in order to renew online:
- Visit https://elicensing.state.ma.us/CitizenAccess/ to register for an ePlace portal account. Detailed instructions on how to create a portal account can be found here .
- After you have registered for an account, please login with the username and password that you created.
- After logging in with the username that you created when you registered, go to the “Manage My Licenses and Permits” tab, and complete the following steps:
- Select the “File an Online Application” link;
- Select the “Link Your Account Portal” link under the search box;
- Select the “Link your Online Account to an Existing Record” link; and
- Select the proper agency, Division of Professional Licensure (DPL), and when prompted enter your Record ID/license number and the Authorization Code provided on your license renewal form. Your Authorization Code will not change, so please keep a record of this code for future transactions.
- Link your account using your Record ID/license number (Example: 1234-PL-M1) and the Authorization Code (Example: 1234567899) found on your license renewal form.
Note: Your Record ID/license number and Authorization Code can be found on page one (1) of the license renewal form provided to you. If you are unable to locate your Record ID/license number and Authorization Code, please contact that Board that issues your license by calling 617-727-3074.
- Once you have successfully linked your account, go back to the “Manage my Licenses and Permits” page and you should now see your license listed and the option to renew. Be advised the option to renew will only be present if your license is currently eligible for renewal.
PLEASE NOTE: Licensees may only renew their license ONCE per license cycle, either via postal mail OR online. Please DO NOT renew online and by mail. Doing so will interfere with the processing of your renewal application and delay approval and receipt of your renewed license.