RENEWAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
RENEWAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Certified operators are required to acquire Training Contact Hours (TCH) credits to renew their certification. Certification renewal is every two years ending December 31 of the odd years.
TO RENEW YOUR CERTIFICATION EXPIRING DECEMBER 31st, every certified operator must obtain the following training Contact hours for the period between January 1 to December 31:
|OPERATOR GRADES||TRAINING CREDITS REQUIRED|
|Very Small System||5 training contact hours|
|Water Vending Machine||5 training contact hours|
|Grade 1 and 2||10 training contact hours|
|Grade 3||15 training contact hours|
|Grade 4||20 training contact hours|
* If an operator holds two certifications in different Grades, then the operator is required to obtain the Training Credits Required for only the highest Grade of certification that he/she holds.
** If an operator holds two certifications in the same Grade, then the operator is required to obtain the Training Credits Required for only one grade of certification.
This policy, developed by the Board of Certification of Operators of Drinking Water Supply Facilities (the Board), establishes criteria for granting Training Contact Hours (TCH's). The criteria established are the minimum requirements and are meant to be consistent with the intent of the International Association of Continuing Education and Training Council (IACET).
- A certified operator taking and passing a Board of Certification of Operators of Drinking Water Supply Facility examination will be granted 7 TCH. A maximum of 7 TCHs are granted per renewal period.
- No more than three (3) TCH will be issued to any one certified operator in the renewal period for membership organizations involved in the water supply related field. A certified operator who is a member of the:
- American Water Works Association/New England Water Works Association will be issued one (1) TCH for each year of membership during the renewal period.
- Local organizations recognized by the Board or other out-of-state organizations involved in the water supply related field will be issued point five (.5) TCH for each year of membership during the renewal period.
- A certified operator attending a Department of Environmental Protection, Environmental Protection Agency or workshop which are submitted and meet the criteria of this policy will be granted TCH as awarded.
- Certified operators attending in-house training programs that are co-sponsored or sanctioned by a Board approved organization or association will be granted TCH as awarded.
- A certified operator attending a Board approved in-house training, seminar or workshop that imparts general or technical information which is applicable to the professional or technical water works field and will be of value wherever the individual is employed, will be granted TCH as awarded.
- A certified operator attending a first aid or CPR course conducted, co-sponsored or sanctioned by a Board recognized organization will receive up to 3 TCH per renewal period.
- Courses granting IACET approved CEUs will be issued TCHs on a bases of one (1) Continuing Education Unit (CEU) = ten (10) Training Contact Hours (TCHs).
- College credit for applicable courses will be issued 15 TCH per 1 college credit hour. College courses that are audited may be issued 1 TCH for every credit hour provided the instructor validates the operator's daily attendance. Call for more information.