- How can I obtain a Certified Statement of Registration?
- Do I qualify for a reciprocal license?
- How can I appeal the decision of a wiring inspector?
- When will my license be renewed?
- When will the examinations be based on the new code editions or amendments?
To receive a certified statement for an individual electrician, please send the Board:
- a written request addressed to:
The Board of State Examiners of Electricians, 1000 Washington Street, Suite 710, Boston, MA 02118-6100
- a check or money order in the amount of $15 made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- a stamped envelope addressed to yourself or the party to whom you wish the record sent.
The Electricians' Board currently has reciprocity with New Hampshire for both Master and Journeyman licensees.
You can download applications in pdf format by visiting the Applications and Forms page on this site.
In order to appeal the decision of a wiring inspector, please submit:
- a request in writing regarding the appeal to the
Board of Electricians' Appeals,
1000 Washington Street, Suite 710,
Boston, MA 02118 - 6100.
- the notice of disapproval received by the wiring inspector
- a check or money order for $86 made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Renewal notices are sent out 6 weeks prior to the expiration date printed on your license. Once the continuing education verification and payment are received, your license renewal will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks.
If you do not receive your renewal notice, please call the Board office at (617)727-993l.
All examination items are based on the edition of the electrical code currently in effect. Changes in examination items, directly related to acceptance of a promulgated code (NFPA 70/ MEC 527 CMR 12.00) by the Board of Fire Prevention will not affect any examination items for six months after the effective date of the new regulation. Always check for updated information in the Candidate Information Bulletin.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Learn more on our .