- 16.01: License Renewal
- 16.02: Changes in License Information
- 16.03: Corporate Licenses
- 16.04: Duplicate Licenses
- 16.05: Record of Standing
- 16.06: Transfer and Assignment
- 16.07: Display of Licenses
16.01: License Renewal
(1) Class A, B, C and D Licenses.
Individual holders of a Class A (Master Electrician), B (Journeyman Electrician), C (Systems Contractor), or D (Systems Technician) license shall submit to the Board by the established deadline a license renewal application form completed and signed by the individual license holder, along with appropriate evidence of completion of all required continuing education.
(2) Fees for License Renewal.
Renewal application forms shall be accompanied by the appropriate renewal fee.
(3) Renewal of Expired Licenses.
A license holder who fails to renew by the renewal deadline may apply for such renewal and shall pay the required renewal fee and any required additional fees.
(4) Military and Naval Service.
A license holder whose license expires while the holder is in military or naval service of the United States shall have such license renewed without further examination upon payment of the required renewal fee at any time within four months of such holder's official discharge from the service.
16.02: Changes in License Information
(1) A license holder shall within ten days of a change of name and/or mailing or legal address notify the Board in writing of such change.
(2) In the case of a name change, the Board shall issue a new license in the new name upon receipt of the appropriate form available from the Board, the surrender of the original license and payment of the required fee.
16.03: Corporate Licenses
(1) License Renewal.
The individual holder of a Class A or Class C license upon whose examination a corporate license was issued shall submit to the Board by the established deadline a license renewal application form signed by the individual holder or by the appropriate member of the firm or officer of the corporation and the appropriate renewal fee.
(2) Withdrawal of Qualifying Officer.
In the case of the withdrawal of a corporation's qualifying officer, the license holder withdrawing as the qualifying officer shall notify the Board in writing within five days of such withdrawal and shall inform the Board of the date of his withdrawal and the license holder who qualifies as the new qualifying officer shall submit to the Board a new application, appropriate fee, Articles of Organization, list of officers, original corporate license and letter of request within five days of the withdrawal of the former qualifying officer. Upon written request and for good cause shown, the Board may extend the time within which the new qualifying officer shall submit the new application.
(3) Change of Corporate Officers.
In the case of the change of officers of any corporation holding a Class A license, the Clerk of the corporation shall notify the Board in writing within ten days of such change.
(4) Nullification of Corporate License.
A Class A or a Class C license issued to an individual as the qualifying officer of a firm or corporation shall become void 60 days after said qualifying officer severs his connection therewith; except that, for good cause shown, the Board may extend the license for a further specified period of time upon written request.
(5) Death of Qualifying Officer.
A Class A or a Class C license issued to an individual as the qualifying officer of a firm or corporation shall become void 60 days after the death of said qualifying officer; except that, for good cause shown, the Board may extend the license for a further specified period of time upon written request.
(6) Disciplinary action by the Board against a licensee who is a qualifying officer shall affect all corporate licenses for which the licensee is the qualifying officer.
16.04: Partnership Licenses
(1) Initial licensure. Applicants for a Partnership license shall provide to the Board satisfactory proof of the following information:
(a) that one of the members of the partnership is a Master electrician or System Contractor licensed by the Board;
(b) a copy of the Partnership Agreement; and
(c) a fully completed Partnership Agreement Form provided by the Board signed by both partners.
16.05: Duplicate Licenses
The Board shall issue a duplicate license upon submission of satisfactory evidence by the licensee that the original license has been lost or destroyed and upon receipt by the Board of the appropriate form and payment of the required fee.
16.06: Record of Standing
The Board shall issue a Record of Standing stating the licensee's name, address, license number, license expiration date, and license status to any licensee making such a request upon payment of the required fee.
16.07: Transfer and Assignment
Licenses issued by the Board shall not be transferred or assigned.
237 CMR 16.00: M.G.L. c. 141, §§ 2, 3, and § 4.