Posted on: July 21, 2017 at 12:30 p.m.
BOARD OF REGISTRATION OF PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS AND LAND SURVEYORS
1000 Washington Street • Boston • Massachusetts • 02118
AGENDA FOR THE july 27, 2017 MEETING
To be convened at 9:30 AM
At the Offices of the Board—1000 Washington Street, Boston MA 02118 Room 1-G
Housekeeping: Evacuation Plan Instructions
Review / Approve Minutes:
- June 22, 2017 Public Session
- Should the Board establish Continuing Professional Competency Requirements for licensees?
- Letter (July 10, 2017) from Paul R. Foley, President of the Massachusetts Association of Land Surveyors and Civil Engineers, supporting the Continuing Professional Competency requirement for Massachusetts.
- 2017 NCEES Annual Meeting
- August Board Meeting Date
Board Counsel Legal Report:
- Update on Policy regarding Applicants with General Education Deficiency Evaluations
- Update on Policy regarding Early Examination Takers
- Update on Policy regarding the use of the title Engineer
Executive Director Report:
- Report of Licensee Discipline in Other Jurisdictions for License Number 49666-EN-M
- Quarterly Report No. 2 in Docket No. EN-15-001, Licensee No. 492029-C
Review of Applications:
- Application Questions
- Email (June 13, 2017) from Christopher Fano inquiring about approval to sit for the exam after completing his educational requirements but before he secures his diploma
- Email (June 19, 2017) from Michael Yanovitch, Deputy Building Commissioner for the Town of Brookline, asking for guidance when two engineers come to conflicting conclusions.
- Email (July 3, 2017) from Michael Bruce inquiring about the ability of a PE to stamp part of a plan if a PLS stamps the page that contains boundary lines.
Open session for topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair 48 hours in advance of meeting
Review of Complaints/Investigations/Settlement Discussions: [Closed Conference, G.L. c. 112, § 65C]
Report of actions taken in Investigative Conference
Next meeting to be held TBD
Reasonable accommodations or modifications will be provided to individuals with disabilities to participate in the meeting taking place on the date listed above. All requests should be directed to Deborah Cassano by calling 617-727-3110 or TTY/TDD: (617) 727-2099 by no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting. While the Board will attempt to honor all requests, those requests received less than 24 hours prior to the meeting may not be provided due to feasibility.