The Division of Professional Licensure (DPL) is pleased to announce the availability of the e-Licensing and e-Permitting Portal. ePLACE is a new online system that will enable licensed individuals and businesses to renew electronically. To renew your license online, please refer to the instructions detailed below.
To renew online, you will need the license renewal which was mailed to your address of record. If you did not receive your license renewal form by May 20, 2016 please contact the Board at 617-727-9957 or via email at email@example.com. Late renewal applications are not subject to a late fee until August 1, 2016. Therefore, until July 31, 2016, renewal of engineering licenses continues to be $150.
If you submitted your renewal coupon and check by mail and would like to determine whether it has been processed, please use our Check A License feature to check the expiration date of your license. The only information you need to enter is the licensing board (Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors) and your name.
*Please note that there is a convenience fee for all online credit card transactions. There is no fee for online payment by check.*
If you have your license renewal, you may complete the following steps to renew online:
- Visit the ePLACE Portal to register for an account. Detailed instructions on how to create a portal account can be found here .
- After you have registered for an account, please login with the username and password that you created.
- After logging in with the username that you created when you registered, go to the “Manage My Licenses and Permits” tab, and complete the following steps:
- Select the “File an Online Application” link;
- Select the “Link Your Account Portal” link under the search box;
- Select the “Link your Online Account to an Existing Record” link; and
- Select the proper agency, Division of Professional Licensure (DPL), and when prompted enter your Record ID/license number and the Authorization Code provided on page 1 of your license renewal form.
- Link your account using your Record ID/license number (Example: 1234-EN-XX) and the Authorization Code (Example: 1234567899) found on your license renewal form.
- Once you have successfully linked your account, go back to the “Manage my Licenses and Permits” page and you should now see your license listed and the option to renew. Be advised the option to renew will only be present if your license is currently eligible for renewal.
PLEASE NOTE: Licensees may only renew their license ONCE per license cycle, either via postal mail OR online. Please DO NOT renew online and by mail. Doing so will interfere with the processing of your renewal application and delay approval and receipt of your renewed license.