- How can I become a cosmetologist?
- How can I become a manicurist?
- How can I become an aesthetician?
- When are the examinations offered?
- Where are the Cosmetology, Aesthetic and Manicuring schools located?
- How can I update my operators license to a cosmetologist (type 1) license?
- How do I renew my cosmetology license?
- How do I notify the Board of an address or name change?
- How would I contact a cosmetology association in Massachusetts?
- How can I open a salon?
Complete a basic 1000 hour course in a licensed cosmetology school.
Complete a basic 100 hour course in an approved manicuring program
Complete a basic 300 course in an approved aesthetic program
Examinations are offered daily in Malden. They are also offered on Saturdays in Springfield and Framingham.
Our list of the licensed schools and programs is available on this web site.
Complete the application with proof of two years work experience and it must be notarized. Operators license must be current.
Licenses are renewed every two years on your birthrate. Renewals are mailed out approximately 6 weeks prior to the expiration date. It is the responsibility of the licensee to notify the Board if they fail to receive a renewal notice.
Use our online Change Your Address form and update the information
You may call the National Cosmetology Association of Massachusetts at 1-800-487-8858.