- How do I obtain an application?
- How often is the exam offered?
- What is the deadline date to file an application?
- How often do I renew my license?
- When will I receive my renewal?
- Are continuing education units (CEU's) required to renew my license?
- Do I need to submit my CEU's to the Board?
- What is considered an appropriate subject matter for continuing education?
You may call the Board at 617-727-3069, or you may download the application from our Applications and Forms section.
The exam is offered three times a year - April, July and November.
The deadline is the end of July.
You renew annually on December 31.
You will receive your renewal about 6-8 weeks prior to the expiration date.
Yes, 12 contact hours are required. Fifty consecutive clock minutes are equivalent to one contract hour.
No, the Board will conduct a random audit. If you are audited you will be required to submit proof of completion of the CEU's . You must maintain your records for at least four years prior to the current renewal certificate.
- Public Health or Environmental Health Science Practice
- Public Health Education
- Research in Public and Environmental Health
- Management, Administration and Supervision, and Public Health Services Delivery
- Social, Economic, Political and Legal Aspects of Public Health
- Health Care and Consumer Education
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.