- How do I obtain an application?
- How often is the exam offered?
- What is the deadline date to file an application?
- How often do I renew my license?
- When will I receive my renewal?
- Are continuing education units (CEU's) required to renew my license?
- Do I need to submit my CEU's to the Board?
- What is considered an appropriate subject matter for continuing education?
You may call the Board at 617-727-3069, or you may download the application from our Applications and Forms section.
The exam is offered three times a year - April, July and November.
The deadline is the end of July.
You renew annually on December 31.
You will receive your renewal about 6-8 weeks prior to the expiration date.
Yes, 12 contact hours are required. Fifty consecutive clock minutes are equivalent to one contract hour.
No, the Board will conduct a random audit. If you are audited you will be required to submit proof of completion of the CEU's . You must maintain your records for at least four years prior to the current renewal certificate.
- Public Health or Environmental Health Science Practice
- Public Health Education
- Research in Public and Environmental Health
- Management, Administration and Supervision, and Public Health Services Delivery
- Social, Economic, Political and Legal Aspects of Public Health
- Health Care and Consumer Education