The renewal process is the same for massage therapists and for establishments.
Renewal forms are not available on the web site. They are mailed to each licensee 60 - 90 days prior to the license expiration date. The forms are mailed to the address that the board has on record. Please note that, if your initial application requested the use of your business address as your address of record, then your renewal form will be mailed to that business address.
For help with your renewal, please consult the questions below. If your question is not included here, please contact the Board staff with your inquiry.
- I did not receive my renewal application, how do I get one?
- Can you fax the form to me?
- Can I photocopy my co-workers form, add my information, and send that in?
- Can you send a duplicate renewal form to me via Express Mail, FedEx, Airborne (or other business)? [I will give you my credit card number.]
- What can I do to speed up the renewal process?
- Can I renew online?
- Is my renewal "on time" if it is postmarked by the due date?
- How much is the late fee?
Send an email to the Board, include your name (and former name, if it changed since the last renewal), your license number, your profession , and your mailing address. A new form will be mailed to you by U.S. Mail.
If you have moved since the last renewal cycle, please include that information as well for the Board to update your address in its records when the duplicate renewal form is printed.
No. The processing requires special bonded paper; hence, fax paper cannot be used to process renewal applications.
No. The renewals are printed on special paper (although it looks normal) with coding specific to each licensee that is read electronically. Fax paper and copy paper cannot be used.
No. Unfortunately, the Board is unable to courier your renewal application.
- Renew as soon as you receive the application,
- Check the form carefully and fill it out completely,
- Send your renewal application and check to the DPL by U.S. mail (which is the most efficient delivery method for renewals),
- or hand-deliver to DPL offices in Boston,
- or hand-deliver to DPL Springfield offices by appointment only (call 413-735-6293)
If the application is in our hands by 5:00 pm on the renewal date, you will not be charged the late fee.
Online renewals are "in the works"; but, for now, the renewal process is paper-based.
No. If the application is received at the DPL any time after 5:00 pm on the renewal date, it will be returned to you and you will need to re-submit it with the appropriate late fee.
The late fee is $57. The renewal coupon displays two values. The first value is the on-time renewal fee. Pay that amount if your renewal will be on-time (see above). The second value is the renewal fee plus the late fee. This means that, if your renewal will be received after the due date, you must return the payment coupon along with a check for only the second value on the renewal form (i.e., $207).