DATE: August 20, 2010
PLACE: Room 1D
1000 Washington Street,
Boston, MA 02118-6100
TIME: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Item 1) 10:00 a.m. Meeting called to order
Item 2) 10:05 a.m. Open Meeting Laws:
- Board counsel reviews changes to open meeting laws
Item 3) 10:20 a.m. Board Minutes:
- May 21, 2010 minutes
- June 8, 2010 Minutes
Item 4) 10:25 a.m. Discussion Regarding 650 Hour Applications:
- Including electives in Massage Therapy Theory and Technique requirement.
- Guidelines for approval
- Course of action for applicants who do not meet educational requirements
- New Transcript Analysis Form
Item 5) 11:50 a.m. Application Reviews:
Item 6) 12:20 p.m. Break
Item 7) 12:45 p.m. John Winslow Institute and Dovestar Graduates:
- DESE inquiry on whether Board will accept Teach-out transcripts where students have tested out of course requirements.
- DESE inquiry on whether students participating in teach-outs be evaluated under the 500 or 650 hour training requirements.
- Discussion Dovestar Graduate options.
Item 8) 1:25 p.m. Investigative Conference
[ closed session pursuant to MGL c. 112, §65C]
Item 9) 1:35 p.m. Candidate Interviews:
[ Executive Session - closed session pursuant to G.L.30A §21(1)]
Item 10) 2:35 p.m. Application Reviews (left from AM session):
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.