DATE: August 20, 2010
PLACE: Room 1D
1000 Washington Street,
Boston, MA 02118-6100
TIME: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Item 1) 10:00 a.m. Meeting called to order
Item 2) 10:05 a.m. Open Meeting Laws:
- Board counsel reviews changes to open meeting laws
Item 3) 10:20 a.m. Board Minutes:
- May 21, 2010 minutes
- June 8, 2010 Minutes
Item 4) 10:25 a.m. Discussion Regarding 650 Hour Applications:
- Including electives in Massage Therapy Theory and Technique requirement.
- Guidelines for approval
- Course of action for applicants who do not meet educational requirements
- New Transcript Analysis Form
Item 5) 11:50 a.m. Application Reviews:
Item 6) 12:20 p.m. Break
Item 7) 12:45 p.m. John Winslow Institute and Dovestar Graduates:
- DESE inquiry on whether Board will accept Teach-out transcripts where students have tested out of course requirements.
- DESE inquiry on whether students participating in teach-outs be evaluated under the 500 or 650 hour training requirements.
- Discussion Dovestar Graduate options.
Item 8) 1:25 p.m. Investigative Conference
[ closed session pursuant to MGL c. 112, §65C]
Item 9) 1:35 p.m. Candidate Interviews:
[ Executive Session - closed session pursuant to G.L.30A §21(1)]
Item 10) 2:35 p.m. Application Reviews (left from AM session):