1000 Washington Street 1st Floor
Room 1C, Boston, MA 02118
DATE: March 18, 2015
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
Notice of Meeting and Topics
Meeting called to order:
- Evacuation Procedure
- Review Minutes: December 17, 2014 meeting
- Introduction of Colleen Cavanaugh, Associate Executive Director
- Introduction of Monique Brown. Board Administrator
- Report from Executive Director, Michael Hawley
- Legal Update from Board Counsel, Rachael Pause
- Licensee enrollment to participate in MassHealth as a condition of renewal, M.G.L. c. 112, § 68
- North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners v. FTC
- Online Eye Examinations
- Request from Dr. Gary Chu to give presentation at future Board Meeting
- FARB Press release regarding Supreme Court decision in North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners v. Federal Trade Commission.
- Email from Lisa Fennel regarding regulation of mobile/portable optometric facilities.
- Letter from Robin Shorrock, O.D. regarding request for extension to complete 2014 CEs.
Open session for topics not reasonably anticipated 48 hours in advance meeting:
Cases, Investigative Conference, Settlement Offers [Closed session pursuant to G.L. c. 112 §65C]:
Reasonable accommodations or modifications will be provided to individuals with disabilities to participate in the Board of Registration of Barbers meeting. All requests should be directed to Heather Peltier by calling 617-727-3110 or TTY/TDD: (617) 727-2099 by no later than 24 hours prior to the noted Board meeting date. While the Division of Professional Licensure will attempt to honor all requests, those requests received after March 13, 2015 may not be provided due to feasibility.