1000 Washington Street 1st Floor Room 1C, Boston, MA 02118
DATE: May 20, 2015 TIME: 10:00 a.m.
Notice of Meeting and Topics
Meeting called to order:
- Evacuation Procedure
- Review Minutes:
- Minutes of April 15, 2015 meeting
- Report from Executive Director, Michael Hawley
- Regulatory Outreach Meeting
- Legal Update from Board Counsel, Rachael Pauze
- Delegation of authority regarding default decisions
- Dr. Chu of the New England College of Optometry
Board Business Continued:
- Introduction of Robert Fortes New Deputy Director
- License upgrade DPA to TPA: Steven M. Siegal, OD
- Jessica Stenja – Scope of practice question regarding cataract surgery
- Email from Michael Charron - Questions regarding permissibility of OD business partnerships with opticians and OD business partnerships with ophthalmologists.
Open session for topics not reasonably anticipated 48 hours in advance meeting:
Cases, Investigative Conference, Settlement Offers [Closed session pursuant to G.L. c. 112 §65C]:
Reasonable accommodations or modifications will be provided to individuals with disabilities to participate in the Board of Registration of Optometry meeting. All requests should be directed to Heather Peltier by calling 617-727-3110 or TTY/TDD: (617) 727-2099 by no later than 24 hours prior to the noted Board meeting date. While the Division of Professional Licensure will attempt to honor all requests, those requests received after May 18, 2015 may not be provided due to feasibility.