Posted on: August 11, 2016 at 2:30 p.m.
Board of Registration of Optometry
1000 Washington Street 1st Floor Room 1C, Boston, MA 02118
DATE: August 17, 2016 TIME: 10:00 a.m.
Notice of Meeting and Topics
Meeting called to order:
- Evacuation Procedure
- Review Minutes:
- Minutes of June 16, 2016 meeting
- Introduction of New Board Members:
- Everett B. Sabree, O.D.
- Rhonda Z. Willinger, O.D.
- Report from Executive Director, Michael Hawley
- E-Licensing Update
- Audit update
- Legal Update from Board Counsel, Sheila York
- Regulatory changes pursuant to Executive Order #562
- MassHealth non-billing provider regulation update
- Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (“ACOE”) accreditation update re; MCPHS university.
- New ARBO Board Liason
- Ophthalmic Consultants CEU request
- AOA Roundtable Announcement
- Firms with physical presence in the Commonwealth selling glasses via mail order.
Open session for topics not reasonably anticipated 48 hours in advance of meeting:
Cases, Investigative Conference, Settlement Offers [Closed session pursuant to G.L. c. 112 §65C]:
Reasonable accommodations or modifications will be provided to individuals with disabilities to participate in the Board of Registration of Optometry meeting. All requests should be directed to Cheryl Yebba by calling 617-727-4992 or TTY/TDD: (617) 727-2099 by no later than 24 hours prior to the noted Board meeting date. While the Division of Professional Licensure will attempt to honor all requests, those requests received after August 15 2016 may not be provided due to feasibility.