The Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy (the “Board”) has volunteer opportunities available for qualified Massachusetts Certified Public Accountants to participate as members of a Peer Review Oversight Subcommittee (a subcommittee of the Board). This is a great opportunity for licensees to have an impact on their profession. The subcommittee will be responsible for overseeing the review and acceptance of peer review reports by authorized entities in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Responsibilities of the subcommittee will include reviewing peer review reports and related workpapers, communication and meeting with the entities charged with accepting the reports, and reporting findings to the Board. An Informational meeting will be held during the Board's regularly scheduled Board meeting on June 20th, 2013 at 2PM in Room 1D at 1000 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02118.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- A current valid Massachusetts CPA license.
- A successful peer review history, while in the practice of public accountancy.
- Ten (10) years' of experience as an accounting & auditing partner at a CPA Firm or a sole proprietor where you are directly responsible for issuing audit, review and compilation reports on Financial Statements.
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven success with the ability to work in a committee/team environment.
Resumes may be sent to:
The Board of Public Accountancy
1000 Washington Street, Ste. 710
Boston, MA 02118