On Demand water heaters are considered by the Board to be an alternative method or system for producing domestic hot water and thus do not need to meet the minimum flow pressure and flow rates shown in 248 CMR 10.14(4): Table 4 . This alternative method or system meets the use and intent of 248 CMR 10.06 (2) (u).
Installation of these heaters need only comply with the following:
- Applicable Standards for Domestic Gas Water Heaters
- 248 CMR 3.04 Product Approval
- 248 CMR 10.14 (4) as it relates to pipe sizing
- 248 CMR 10.14 as it relates to sufficient pressure on the incoming water main
- Manufacturer's installation instructions and sizing guides